touch sense circuit?

harpz

hello : ) I wonder if anyone can help?

I have been trying to figure a way to create a touch sense circuit for a motor fader. I tried a transistor capacitance type circuit and it worked well with a small wire connected to base, but when I connected it to the touch fader connection the circuit would not turn off , even if i stood back away from the fader.

i cannot find a qt100 IC (touch sense ic). or any IC that i can solder to my vero board ( or test in my breadboard)

I am so lost on what to do , i wonder what you guys do to cut the motor faders power when you touch the fader?

thanks for any help or pointers.

harpz : P

( edit= I am using an alps fader)

Edited by harpz

hi, thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention, I have made my own servo type circuit/software(using max msp) to control the fader.

it works o.k, but I was looking for a little touch sense schematic that I might be able to incorporate into my design.

perhaps the touch sense circuit would output a logic 5v so that I could trigger a relay to turn off the motors power.

I haven't used the midibox as of yet, is the DINXx part of this? sorry if that's a daft question. : P

• 1 month later...