MB6582 Control Surface Problem **FIXED**

tim_pugh

Hello,

After a long gestation period, my mb6582 is nearing completion (i hope). It is using PCB option 2, I have finished the base PCB, tested all voltages, connected the lcd screen, uploaded the mb6582 app, and everything seemed to be working. After having soldered all the parts in the CS, inserting the PIC's, 1 of the sid module chips, all the 74HC595 & 74HC165 chips and plugging it in, when I turn on, I get a screen saying "CS not enabled".

I have tested the links between the base and CS, which are all fine, then tested adjacent links and found 1 short on JD2 between D1 & D2 that seemed to be fixed by cleaning up one the joints and the joints on R32, but I still get the same response on the LCD.

I'm a bit of a novice at this type of thing and at this point I'm not sure where to go to troubleshoot. It's also possible that I've missed a step, I was expecting the CS to be detected and work.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

I believe "CS not enabled" is displayed only when the PIC is not the "master", the "master" PIC goes in the far right slot and should have ID=0, the other PICs should have ID=1, ID=2, ID=3.

Did you burn the bootloader yourself, or are these PICs from SmashTV?

I believe "CS not enabled" is displayed only when the PIC is not the "master", the "master" PIC goes in the far right slot and should have ID=0, the other PICs should have ID=1, ID=2, ID=3.

Did you burn the bootloader yourself, or are these PICs from SmashTV?

Hi Wilba, thanks for the quick response. The PIC's are from Smashtv so preloaded. I assumed that the master PIC would be the first one I connected to which is the one on the right. I guess I might have got them mixed up. I have removed all the other PIC's now to simplicy, I will check it is the master this evening.

Thanks again,

Tim