Simulating bootloader+mios+APPS

cms

Hi all,

Referring to the PIC18F452 assembled code produced in MIDIBOX so far. I would like to compile the complete 3 layers of code all at once (such as bootloader+mios+applicaions). I can then select the simulator of my choice to run, such as Mplab, gsim or similar.

The advantage would be that I could debug certain code which I'm planning to modify and from a training point of view, it's definitely a good way to learn how the code is behaving

The other point is that I'm a newbie in PIC architecture technology and so the simulator will certainly benefit me and others alike to experiment & learn how the code is really running!! This of coarse has its limitations since the simulator is not running in real time. But at least it gives some indication on how the code is basically functioning.

Therefore, could anyone assist me in which area of the assembled file/code is required to be modified (i.e. by pointing out the exact lines of code) in order for me to combine & compile all 3 layers in one bundle.

Thank you

PS My apologies for having this topic in Testing/Troubleshooting section of this forum rather than here..

Edited by cms

I tried this some time ago, but it was too complicated.

Especially gsim didn't behave like expected, so that I gave up! :-(

I'm not able to try MPLAB as it doesn't run on a Mac, but as mentioned before: the setup will be very complicated!

Best Regards, Thorsten.