Debounce in MIOS32

monokinetic

Hi all,

I have pretty much finished the upgrade of my older MBSeq to MBSeq V4 now, but for some reason I am getting quite unreliable button presses. Sometimes when I press a button it toggles the step setting randomly, other times I get the expected functionality, sometimes it makes no difference. I'm sure the front panel is mechanically functional as this hardware ran fine on MIOS8, and the problem suddenly affects all buttons. I installed the terminator on both DIN and DOUT SRIO chains ( good tip Hawkeyes!), but unfortunately no change in behaviour.

My guess is that Core32 is more sensitive to button quality and my buttons are pretty average quality (still looking forward to that MBSeq V4 pro panel group buy :thumbsup: )

On MIOS8 I would have played with the #define DEFAULT_SRIO_DEBOUNCE_CTR 32 setting. But on MBSeq V4 I don't see a way to tweak the button debounce in the hwconfig file. The only place I found a setting related to debounce (of the front panel rather than the BLM) is in the project.lss file and I'm not sure if I should be tweaking that :)

Any suggestions?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

in MBSEQ V3 the delay value was set to 32 mS by default.

MIOS32 supports this as well, but I forgot to add this function to the MBSEQ_HW.V4 file - nobody complaint about this yet, accordingly it seems that most users don't need button debouncing at all.

However, it's supported by Beta32 now:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2FCHANGELOG.txt

It will be released once I got feedback from Mastomo about the MIDI channel issue.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thorsten,

As always you are a gentleman :)

nobody complaint about this yet, accordingly it seems that most users don't need button debouncing at all.

That's interesting. I guess I manage to be the first for once :D

Thanks a million for such a quick turnaround. I will try and compile it tomorrow and let you know my results.

Cheers

David