How to see if CORE works with midibox16E Firmware

Nat

Is there an easy way to test the core with the Midibox16E firmware running on a PIC16F877A ?

Is it possible to test the core with a del ?

I have tried the Test_TX firmware and had no luck so I'd like to try the real firmware.

Thanks

nat

If this power supply is for the core (?) then it should be fine, as long as you have installed the bridge rectifier.

What is a del?

Have you read the recent posts on solutions to programming the pic16877A?

If you still have problems, then I can program the firmware for you. I have a spare pic16f877, so I can program it, post it to you, and you can swap me your pic16f877A (saves time, you sending to me and then back again ;))

Oups :)  A del is a LED in french :)  Got mixed up

Thanks for the offer, i'll troubleshoot some more but if nothing works i'll send you a pic with the Encoder package.

The strange thing is that the programmation goes fine.  It verifies ok.  I can then remove the PIC and put it back again, do a read all and the program code is intact....  

This gives me the impression the PIC is programmed correctly....  The crystal is good also, 20.000 Mhz with 18 pf capacitance, parrallel....   I really have no clue :(

You could manually trigger MIDI events by using a cable, connected to ground, and tapping it to the DIN chain input. However, if the Tx firmware doesn't work, the MB16E won't work, too -> Hardware issue

Best Regards, Thorsten.