sammichSID upload problem **FIXED**

technician4

hi,

i was hoping there might be someone with a similar experience...

- i've built the kit and have passed the voltage tests.

- i receive the 'application is up & running message' after querying in mios_studio

however,

the upload request message 'f0 00 00 7e 40 00 01 f7' just keeps repeating at a regular, slowish interval (seems about every second). i've tried the hex dump and this completes without 'ignorable errors', but afterwards the initial upload string simply keeps repeating as if nothing had happened, and the sammich does not reboot.

i've checked the rx/tx pins for shorts and found none without the pic installed, although there is continuity between these two pins when the pic is reinserted.

i'm continuing to check the troubleshooting guide, but if anyone could shed a little light on this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for your time.

So far that sounds correct - the bootloader keeps sending an upload request every 2 seconds. It's going to keep doing that until you upload MIOS. After that you want to upload the sammichSID hex file.

riiight. just forgot the 'ol operating system then did i? :rolleyes:

thanks for the response!

by the way, for what it's worth, mios_studio runs very well in ubuntu under WINE.

• 3 weeks later...