Unable to load MIOS

deletemeplease

I built a midi box years ago (6-7 years ago to be precise). I've now come to repurpose the PCBs, and thought I'd update to the latest MIOS.

I had previously been running MIOS v1.5, and went to update to v.1.9g today, but encountered a problem. The upload gets to about 92%, then stops. Upload aborted due to error #5: Write access failed (invalid address range).

Any suggestions?

PIC18F452

Core V2

All wiring appears ok.

Is that issue solved now?

Whassup pulsewidth? Loooooong time no see! :frantics:

Cheers nILS.. It'll will be solved if I can find my JDM in my box room. Not looking forward to searching for that. Yes I haven't been around here for about 7 years :) I'm sure everyone will become well acquainted with me again as I ask further stupid questions, and solve them after 30 minutes.

It shows that I haven't been here for a while as even the bootloader has been updated! There was a point when I thought that would be impossible! In fact my poor little PIC18F452 is looking decidedly ancient. Really impressed with the new MIOS32 interface, looks very tasty indeed.

Take it easy buddy.

Just a quick update, I emailed Thorsten, and he's sent me a .hex that will update both the bootloader and MIOS in one go. No programmer necessary. This is definitely the route to take if you are impatient like me, and do not read the README file properly. :frantics:

ALL FIXED NOW!

Edited by Pulsewidth947