update mios 1.6 > 1.9

Elektruck

Hi,

Last night I builded my very first core8 module and attached the lcd module to it. It seems to work cause MIOs Studio reckognised the core, and I was able to upload an application. LCD works fine! Hooray!!!

I've still lying some old 18f452 PIC's here so I tried one and the LCD says MIOS V1.6, and after that READY. So I want to update MIOS to version 1.9, but I read someware that there's is a special workaround for that, for V1.9 uses a different bootloader.

How can I upload to MIOS v1.9 without reburning the PIC?

Cheers,

Roel

Hi,

Last night I builded my very first core8 module and attached the lcd module to it. It seems to work cause MIOs Studio reckognised the core, and I was able to upload an application. LCD works fine! Hooray!!!

I've still lying some old 18f452 PIC's here so I tried one and the LCD says MIOS V1.6, and after that READY. So I want to update MIOS to version 1.9, but I read someware that there's is a special workaround for that, for V1.9 uses a different bootloader.

How can I upload to MIOS v1.9 without reburning the PIC?

Cheers,

Roel

I had the same problem recently, only I had MIOS v1.5. Email Thorsten as he has to provide specific firmware.