Power midi to cv with modular supply?

Fumanwho

And you can get -/+12V from -/+15V with a 7812 and a 7912 Voltage regulator. Then you can draw your 5V from the +12 and gnd. But once again, if you're using an LCD you'll be drawing a fair amount of current and it will really heat up your -/+ 15V regs.

You could add some big heatsinks but do not connect them together as the tab on the 78xx and the 79xx are not the same (78xx is gnd and 79xx is -X in or out I can't remember.) and will cause you big problems if you connect them.

I'm building a Midi-CV today and I got a .5 Amp -/+12v supply just for the AOUT NG and the Core (and maybe my sequencer, but that's probably too much Draw).

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Sweet :frantics:

Core is up and running and its recognized by mios studio. Only trouble now is the lcd is not working i get a row of boxes on the bottom of the screen. And i think its needs negative supply for contrast http://www.egochina.net.cn/e-shop/ebay/Datasheet/JHD162A.pdf But if it needs negative supply then how can i see anything ? :huh:

i'm almost done with my sidV2 with Aout_NG and seppoman board/s. i use a separate transformer for the 5V and one for 15/-15 as i have enough room in the box and my 7805 was really hot all the time i powered it from the 12V wallwart that does the sid modules.