Sammich SID - GND to 5V Connected

Param1

Excuse my noob question but I assume that there should be absolutely no connection btw. GND and 5V, is that correct?

Because I got one :geek:

additional information:

- the pcb is OK, I tested this right away, as suggested by the Wilbas manual

- so far, I did not find any soldering shorts ( which ofc doesnt mean that there are none, gotta check again tomorrow)

- I found the connection with my multimeter, using the continuty/diode testing method

The connection is not like a complete short, the multimeter says: 753

- I made occasional tests between the different soldering stages. I believe that the connection came after mounting the voltage regulators, bridge rectifier, 2200 uF Capacitator and the in out connections on the rear

- I think I mounted the voltage regulator nicely and I did not use conductive heatsinking

A short beep when testing continuity between power rails is expected when there are capacitors between the rail. While the capacitor is charging up from the multimeter probe, it is fooled into thinking there is very low resistance. Once the capacitor is fully charged, there is no more current and the beep will stop.