16 pot 8 button MIOS?

See this thread:

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1062654403

I think until the MB64 18f port is done, you just have to change the text files manually and reassemble the main.asm. I know what you mean about not having a clue. I have just started trying to learn how TK wrote this stuff, and it takes quite a bit of work. Have you loaded the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 firmware. This is where I would start if I were you.

Justin

Thanks for your reply man.

Nice to know other people dont have a clue when they start :).

If i load the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 do i just need to change

;; use 64 pots
      movlw      64
      call      MIOS_AIN_NumberSet
to
      ;; use 16 pots
      movlw      16
      call      MIOS_AIN_NumberSet

?

Does it matter that i dont have any dout?

Well i'm gonna edit that firmware and test now because i'm itching to make some music!

I think I made a mistake. The ain64 test example only shows you how to drive the pots, leds and buttons. It doesn't have any midi implementation. I think your code is correct though. It doesn't matter if you have a dout or not. I think that the only example programs that send midi are the encoder examples and the midi tc box. You might have to look at the encoder examples and try to put similar routines in the ain64 test example. Sorry if I confused you.

Justin

Yeah i burnt the edited ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 firmware, which worked, but i get no menu - just "waiting for AIN or DIN".

I wanted the menu so i could enable midi learn mode and midi merger mode.

I've looked thru the other firmwares, and read some of the functions, but i just dont understand at all.

i might just have to use the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 firmware, and play my midi parts/record my pot tweaks seperately, and find some app to route the incoming midi signal to the cc# i need  :'(

EDIT: I just noticed that my exact specification is the same as midibox plus 16 - is there a mios port of that firmware?

Its a steep learning curve but look at all the example zips that Tk has given us ;) for clues on how to do it.

In the meantime look at the file mios_tables.inc in the zip this has all the cc codes for the application, just change them to suit your apps.

As you have 16pots change the first 16 entrys the same with the buttons.

Good luck