Question about Note Names (possible FR)

John E. Finster

Hello everyone,

I am following the evolution of the SEQ 4 for quite some time now and I started building my own some time ago. My box is still at a very early stage and I still have a lot to learn, but slowly but surely I am getting into the whole stuff.

Now I have a little question about the note names in the note layer. I looked over the code, but i could not find where these names (A#1 or G#1 e.g.) are generated.

My idea is to alter these names, so that instead of C#0 another name is displayed.

Maybe it would be possible to implement some kind of midimap, where all 127 notes could be renamed, maybe in an external txt file or something like that, and that midimap could be recalled from the track configuration page (just throwing ideas around :-))

Anyway, I wanted to look deeper into this and wanted to know, where the names are generated.

Thanks and greets.

Hi and welcome!

this in done in SEQ_LCD_PrintNote(note) in seq_lcd.c

which is called from SEQ_UI_EDIT_LCD_Handler() in seq_ui_edit.c

Did I ever mention the code base is preeteh? :-)

Best regards,

Hawkeye

PS: Renaming is as easy as adjusting the SEQ_LCD_PrintNote function.

2nd PS: What do you want to replace the note names with? I am a nosey parker :-)

Edited by Hawkeye

Thank you, i will have a look later today.

I want to use my future seq with Kontakt and instruments with several key switches. So I thought I could rename C-0 to sus (for sustain) and D-0 to stc (for staccato) for example, instead of memorizing a lot of different switches for different instruments.

Another application would be to use this for cut up drum samples in Kontakt. I would like to rename the notes after the event i want to trigger, maybe sl1 (for slice 1) or rev (for a reversed drum slice). and much more...

Thanks again for the tip.

greets.