can i do that with midibox?

revoltingrobots

hello,

first o all, i am very happy to meet this forum, a long journey across www ended up here. nice.

and here is the next question asked from a brandnew newbie.

i am considering building a midi-controller to have a better handling with my sample-loop player (boss sp-505)

with following features:

#a clip-matrix like the session-view in ableton live (the next one, i know :))

with e.g. 4 buttons per row an 4 buttons per column (with leds)

they don't have to do more than sending a midi-message to my sampler to start playing a sampleloop as soon as the next bar is gained.

# a 5th column with buttons giving the signal to play all the samples in a row simultaniously.

# a midi-clock (with the ability to send midiclock-message to a slave, e.g. my sampler) to adjust the tempo.

# a fader to adjust the volume (per midi) of each column.

# at last i maybe will need the possibility to alter the midi-message-data to trigger another synth (or ableton live) with it somedays.

..would be glad if it would be possible,

and if yes: which modules do i need for this?

thanks a lot,

tibor

i don't think my controllers are the answer, if i'm understanding what you want to do. you want to build a device to specifically control one instrument, and mine speak directly to live. they will have generic midi control as well, but they're not worth building if you're not using them for the intended purpose.

i think you just want a custom controller. i'm not sure which apps that are available fit your needs, if any. so you may have to code something for yourself. for hardware, just check the modules at http://ucapps.de. dout is for leds, din for switches, ain for pots, etc.

hello, thanks for the fast and helpful reply..

hm,

primarily my intension was to build a device which is a more flexible one, eventually also for ableton live.

is it difficult or even impossible to build a device in which you can change the midi-configuration

(in my case: note-numbers) for the buttons? that does not have to be done with buttons on the interface at all costs,

it would be also (but not that) nice to re-asign it by coding,

finally, if it is not possible to implement this, then i have to reconsider my plans :)

Edited by revoltingrobots

i would look through the existing apps and see if anything fits your needs. there's probably one that uses ain and dout at the same time, with notes that are reconfigurable. i don't know much about the existing apps because i code my own.

writing something like this on your own is pretty basic, and there are plenty of code examples available.