MBCV + Analog Toolbox

peefunk76

Hi,

i have two MIOS8 cores (PIC18F452), one used as half a Midibox 64, the other has running Midibox CV 1.2c (with AOUT_LC).

would it be possible to enhance the MBCV with the tools provided by the Analog Toolbox? so to have two alternative operating modes, a) your standard MBCV and b) Analog Toolbox with LFO & envelopes, at the flip of a switch (or rather push of a button)?

would it be manageble memorywise for the 18F452? or would i have to upgrade to MIOS32 for this kind of project?

i'm all new to MIOS & C programming. so please forgive me if this is a super dumb question, or if it has been discussed before and i didn't see it.

thanks!

Hi,

MBCV is written in assembly code, while analog toolbox is written in C.

It's very very difficult to merge these applications, and I'm not planning to do this as the 8bit platform is expired anyhow.

It's much more comfortable to implement this with the MIOS32 platform.

As you can read in this posting MBCV V2 is planned:

It would be possible to add the C++ modulation components of MBSID V3 like LFOs and ENVs as an option: http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v3%2Fcore%2Fcomponents%2F

Best Regards, Thorsten.