(WTB) ALBS "Waldorf" knobs

vortura

Hi all, I'm new here.

Halfway through a meeblip, I think I've picked up a bit of a bug for this sort of thing. Possibly a case of biting off more than I can chew, but I've started to hoard parts for an mb6582.

On the off chance that anyone has 15 of the red ALBS Waldorf knobs they don't need, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for a fair price. Alternatively, if anyone's considering a bulk order then count me in.

cheers,

Richard

Hi, welcome aboard! :)

There just was a bulk order a few months back on the waldorf knobs, but you could always check around to see if anyone is interested in starting a new one ;) I know there were a few people, not remembering who they were - but check the 2011 bulk order thread, that missed out on that bulk order, so there might be potential for doing another one.

And there were some who ordered a lot of them too, so you might have luck with the fleamarket too ;).

I ordered in 50 knobs in that bulk order, but I am not sure how many of them I need quite yet, so I am not quite ready to part with any of them yet... sorry.

But good luck with the MB6582. I'm building one myself right now, it is an amazing instrument!! For parts, if you don't already know, SmashTV (www.avishowtech.com) has kits for sale ;) - and also other nice parts for midibox platform for an extremely fair price. Worth a visit - I can personally recommend dealing with him.

Also, the chat is a nice place to be ;) welcome.

TBreath

Thanks for the welcome Tbreath. I will make a point of getting on the chat to annoy everyone in person sometime soon.

I will definitely use SmashTV for the boards and the parts he has available, so it sounds like it's mostly the control surface bits that I'll need to pick up separately. I'm not in any particular rush though. I've got a couple of half-finished projects on the go already, and I'm so buried in study it's untrue. If you do decide you have more knobs than you need, then do let me know.

Hi. Encoders for the cs board u can get from smash. Also the leds if round lenses are ok with you.

You only need some small signal diodes and also some right sized tactile switches. But all info about that you can find on the wiki pages. Also u need a lcd. U can find suitable ones on ebay for like almost free from Asia or something... Just make sure dimensions fit the cs board and that it is the right standard interface. Hitachi something something, can't remember on the fly...

Good luck with projects and study hehe. Im so glad I'm finished studying many years ago. Not to demotivate u in any way hehe, but I am so glad I am never gonna touch a school desk once more in my life hehe. That is how good I liked school hehe... Off topic, but I'm sure forgiveness is around the corner from the admins...

See ya.