replacement TrenchMOS transistor PHP50N06LT ?

casius

Hi :)

Not sure if this is the best place to post? and since I don't think its a midibox related part, but here goes,

I'm trying to find a replacement mosfet TrenchMOS transistor PHP50N06LT for a novation nova laptop synth. I've queried a few places but you know, minimum orders are 100+ I'd be happy with an alternative but with my limited electronics knowledge 'solder only realy' I wouldn't know what attributes are important looking at the data sheet:

www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/philips/PHD50N06LT.pdf

Any help greatyly appreciated :)

Nova Malfunction synopsis

I think I have traced its sometimes erratic behaviour and suspected 'over heating' issues to a cold joint on this part (movement), which is too close to the back of the power switch on the unit really, so switching it on sometimes causes a malfuntion, and other times does not. "speaker destorying noise"

I suspect however the reason for the loose joint may have been due to the part overheating, from what I've read they have a thermal shutdown feature of somekind. I haven't fully dissambled the unit for a proper look yet but I could see evidence of what looked to be oxidation on the heatsink.

• 2 weeks later...