Midibox V4L mDebug help needed , please !

cit

Hi ,

i ve builded up my V4L and all lookings fine, ive flashed it and it looks like here...

i uploaded the bootloader and the firmware seems to be installed.

I see on the left side of Mios studio that there is a mios 32 and he reads out the information of the 1769.

and he shows that there is the actual V4L firmware etc..by T.Klose......

But he wrote that there is no SD card. i think there i have soldered the card reader in a wrong way.

so i put the card reader out and restart the whole Sequencer

But when i plug it off and restart the V4L the first 8 LED´s ( Left Side / TOP) make a night rider flash.

after that there a 4 LED´s on and when i push one button the is a stange led sequence.

Do you have an idea what ive done wrong ?

i don´t know whow to debug, if you have an idea it will be fine!

Did i something wron with the cables?

I ve tryed somethings out but im on a one way can´t find a solution.

It seems that there is a problem with the SD Card connection AND with the frontpanel PCB connections.

First try to fix the frontpanel - here some pictures:

mbseqv4l_frontpanel_cables1.jpg

mbseqv4l_frontpanel_cables2.jpg

mbseqv4l_frontpanel_cables3.jpg

The "knight rider" effect should be visible over the complete 16 LED line for all 4 LED rows.

If it's only visible for a single line of 8 LEDs, the issue is very likely related to the J15 connection.

Btw.: it's important that jumper J15_S is mounted on the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module!

It has to select the 5V option.

SD Card: in MIOS Studio terminal, type "sdcard". This command gives you some debugging informations.

If the card hasn't been detected, check the cables again... thats all what I can recommend with the given input ;)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

there was a jumper missed. It was the jumper for the 3volt. after i pulled it in the sequencer worked.

now i have still to chek the sd card.

Verry nice sequencer i played a lot with it this night.

the only thin i can´t run is the second midi in and out and i cant send a midi clock in.

hmm what could it be ?

any how thanks for this nice project.

have a nice christmas.

cit

Fine! Seems that the frontpanel PCB construction needs some more documentation... :-/

Clock via MIDI IN: thats a known issue (since yesterday) and it will be fixed in the next version:

I forgot to take over a notification mechanism which was only implemented for STM32 yet...

Second MIDI OUT: should work, but it only sends MIDI Clock, it doesn't send the sequenced MIDI events (like the first MIDI OUT)

Merry Christmas! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

thanks,

i ve fixed that sd card problem, i ve soldered it wrong.

Puh thats nice to hear that it is not my fould with the midi in( Slave).

the second output doesend send a clock ot at my one, sorry for this ...

in does allso not work.. but i can live with it for the moment.

i ve runed the sequencer as a master in to my ableton live and it works fine, but in some kinds it confuses the sync in live but this should be a other problem.

i had now a lot of fun an it brings me exsactly to the typical detroit sound i ve never could do in a nice way.

thanks a lot. this is the best christmas present ever.

have a nice christmas and many thanks.

last question.

is it posible to have on the second in a sync signal (in slave mode) and use in and out 1 to do the sequencing stuff?

v4l.jpg

Edited by cit