mbhp_sid_V3b design changes

Chavotronic

Hello,

I am currently working on a few design changes for a mbhp_sid pcb.

mbhpsidv3b.jpg

Current changes i made:

-I redraw the Schematic from the scratch to have a .sch and .brd eagle file, this allows easier change in the future.

-The voltage regulator was moved to the border and allows easier mounting on a heatsink.

-An additional connector for direct current supply is optionally available.

-Instead of having ground wires, the whole copper area is now used for ground plane, and therefore better shielding(eventually less noise)

-the clearance between pads,wires,vias and the copper area was changed from 8mil to 16mil, this allows easier soldering(especially for beginners)

-As 4x2 Connectors are not available, i've changed it into a 5x2 Connector, therefore a "Pfostenstecker" can be used to connect to the mbhp_core.Also the distance from the sid chip is a little higher.

stecker-300x244.jpg

So my question is: Have you any other recommendations? Are other people interested in this new version? If yes, where should i put it online?

Best regards,

David

Edited by Chavotronic

Nice work!

But please consider that we've already an alternative layout created by SmashTV: http://www.midibox-shop.com/mbhp_SIDR3a.html

Therefore we haven't spent much effort to improve the single layer layout.

However, if you want to ensure that your layout ideas won't get lost, please add a link to the files in the Wiki:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=layout_improvements

Best Regards, Thorsten.