rec button for MBseq V3

petrolio

Hallo to all MBoxers!!

...one question.... is it possible to implement a dedicated rec button on the firmware?

I tryed to find some topics in the forum but i did not find it.....

I'm still in love with seq v3 and I cannot upgrade to v4 for the moment....even if I have some problem with live recording....

do you think is possible to reduce the firmware for what i use usually to improve the live recording function?( I just use a drum machine and a analog mono sinth)

thanks a lot

petrolio

Hi Petrolio,

...one question.... is it possible to implement a dedicated rec button on the firmware?

You could add a function which changes to the record page to seq_buttons.inc, it could look like this (untested, but hopefully working code):

SEQ_BUTTON_Record
;; do nothing if button has been depressed
btfsc MIOS_PARAMETER2, 0
return

;; branch to utility menu
movlw CS_MENU_PAGE_RECORD
goto CS_M_HLP_ChangePage
[/code]

This function can be referenced in SEQ_IO_TABLE_DIN of your setup_* file (e.g. you could either replace an existing button assignment, or you could assign it to an unused DIN pin if available)

do you think is possible to reduce the firmware for what i use usually to improve the live recording function?( I just use a drum machine and a analog mono sinth)

Thats too much work, especially since the resources of the PIC are limited (e.g. a 32bit timer will be required for high-resolution time measurements) and since the V3 firmware is programmed in assembly language.

Even if somebody would spend some days (or even weeks) to downstrip the firmware and to program the enhancements for you, the result would never reach the accuracy of the V4 implementation.

Best Regards, Thorsten.