sammichSID strange screen behavior, ideas?

Cutter

Hey all! I just finished my sammichSID kit. It passed all the voltage checks, so I put the IC's in and powered it up. The screen only turns a very light shade of green, and doesn't change with either of the trim pots. Strangest thing I noticed, is the female ac port on the main board seems to be faulty. If I jiggle the male end of the AC adaptor, the screen lights up a bit, and then goes dark, unless I hold the adaptor at the correct angle. I tried de-soldering and re-soldering the connector, but I still have the same issue. I did manage to get the firmware loaded successfully via MIOS. My next troubleshooting step is to try swapping my monitor board with my friends working sammichSID, and see if I get the same result. Any help is much appreciated!

Whats your psu specs? And if the female connector is bad - it shouldn't be - it might be wilba's domain to help u out with a new one...

Also, measure the voltages with it stuffed with ICs might give u a hint if something is wrong somewhere. If psu current specs are too low, regulation may suffer, and u get bad voltage values...

I should really get myself a sammich, because I know nothing about its circuitry other than what I know in general about mbhp circuits.

What about the LCD, does it get the right voltage... There is different voltages to be put to use with different LCDs, but if u got it with the kit, I'm sure u have that under control.

Sorry, can't help u with more specific info than this.

Nils? Wilba? Hehe, one only need to cry out...

Tbreath.