protools digi 002 copy???

arumblack

ok, i see the lc emu is very popular here. but i don't have a mac so logic is out....(unless protools supports this controller, i havent used it in a couple of years...) but i am thinking of getting protoolsthe mbox version is the same soft as the digi 002 version, so is there a way to build a digi oo2 controller clone(minus the audio)this would be a little in the future for me but i was wondering if there were any reasons it couldn't be done, like because it is firewire based or something else weird about it....if the lc is supported by pt then it really is a null point.

Thanks

Unfortunately, at the moment, the Mackie HUI can only be emulated by an LC on Mac, by registered Logic users... and no PC control is possible that I know of... The digi002 is not as cool as you may think... No Jog wheel, and that is probably the most used tool on my LC... and the 002 is not easy to use at first, I haven't figured out how to control plugin parameters with the encoders yet, and there aren't cool record-enable buttons like on LC either... (I use 002 at college)

BTW, the included reverb in PT LE seems to be crap, though the compressor seems ok, the gate is ok, but not as nice as most...

FYI... if you are a student, you can get logic 5 mac/pc for really cheap. and you can use your favorite VST's with it too!

good luck finding a suitable package...

(I like protools and logic equally, protools for its ease of use, and logic for its in depth options, but I'm still reading the manual for logic!)

bye, from Steve

i just wouldn't want to buy an app wich is essentialy dead on pc.

i know it is capapble enough already though it may be an option. if i buy logic 5 for pc, and later get a mac, can i upgrade to the latest mac version? i would assume so?getting a mac would be qa while off....and i already am familiar with pro tools.

and i would want it more for audio recording than midi.

any hope of a midi box hui for pc users in the future?i guess this has to do with needing the source code for the hui protocol or something of that nature?

also where can i find info on the midibox lc? i don't seem to see it on the site anywhere???

thank you for your reply steven!

Steve wrote a very useful FAQ for the MIDIbox LC which can be found under Miscellaneous (and hopefully in the MIDIbox portal sooner or later :))

any hope of a midi box hui for pc users in the future?i guess this has to do with needing the source code for the hui protocol or something of that nature?

Once you know which MIDI events have to be transmitted and received, the MIDIbox LC application can be adapted to any other HUI very easily. You are also able to switch between different HUIs without opening the case, etc... just load the alternative application into the box. So, there is no compatibility issue or whatever, there is only the need for a meaningful documentation from the Hardware/Software manufacturers.

Best Regards, Thorsten.