an idea

agentorange

Don't think this can be done, the gameboy's sound engine needs to be controlled from the internal Z80 processor, as there is no dedicated sound chip.

I have a gameboy with nanoloop (http://www.nanoloop.de/) and a special midi cable that lets you sync it to midi clock. Very cool!

Check out this article which sums up about everything: http://www.em411.com/show.php?area=hardware&area_id=104

You're right, i forgot about Pushpin!

Pity dsprado seems very dead, i send them some emails about a year ago about their palm soft, but never got any reply, last update of the site was somewhere in 2001...

There seems to be some usable info in the pushpin manual on their site, i'm interested in anything you find out more about this... nanoloop is kewl, but real midi in would indeed be even kewler...  ;D

yeah that's the point! nanoloop as a hardware thing would be awesome!

i'll try to contact that guy how made that pic thing for gameboy... i'm looking around for any solutions...

my problem is that i have no idea about pics and programs and that stuff... can you help me? recommanded books, sides etc...?

cheers

ff6600

• 1 month later...
i asked myself.... is it possible to control an old gameboy classic with the mios platform? over a special cartridge?

This could totaly be done, It would take some software written for the gameboy to monitor messages comming in through  recieve port on the cartridge slot.

You might as well make the gameboy in a synth that can recieve midi.

Christopher.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, guess you're right. Should have read a little more about it before posting...

And there's "support for firestarters upcoming midi device" mentioned in the LSDJ history several times....

Well, building firestarter's interface ought to be pretty easy for anyone who's able to make a midi-box of any kind.