Seq v4 Lite with Aout NG

docljunior

First I want to say Hi all you fantastic builders - scince I'm totally fresh in this forum. I am in the process of building my first MidiBox project - Seq v4 Lite - and I am so impressed by the effort from all of the contributors to this project. I started building last night and I'm enjoying every moment of it (so far...:).

I'm wondering if it is very difficult to implement the Aout_NG module to the lite sequencer, and if anyone has done so. I tried to search the forum for this answer, but ony came to the conclusion that this was work in progress. Am I right? Hope this isn't off topic or that I have missed a thread concerning this...

Kolbjørn

Hi,

thanks for the compliments! :)

The AOUT_NG module can be selected in config files which is stored on SD Card:

• MBSEQ_GC.V4: open this file with a common text editor (e.g. wordpad will do), search for "CV_AOUT_Type" and set it to 3 for AOUT_NG
  • SESSIONS/DEF_V4L/MBSEQ_C.V4: search for MIDI_DefaultPort and change it to 128, so that MIDI events will be forwarded to the AOUT interface.

The MIDI channel selects the CV output (1..8).

But only two gates are available; since J5 is allocated for connections to the frontpanel, they are at J28:

Gate #1: J28.WS

Gate #2: J28.MCLK

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 7 months later...