LCP17 don´t start !

Lamouette

Hi there !

I finnished to build my LCP17 Board, and i prepare the LCP1769 to mount it on the LCP17 board.

So i flashed the 1769 and cut it in 2 parts :

When i connect the 2 parts and connect them via usb to the computer, the led light and fade 3 time, stop, and goes on. i have to check another time but normally it´s that. am i OK ?

Problem :

afetr that, i put the half card, on the LCP17 Board, but when i connect the USB, all the led (LCP176 and ethernet port led light 1 time, and i have nothing more working ?

What i should do to debug it ? Power supply problem ? i really don´t know.... HELP :)

Hi,

if the LED flashes 3 times it means that the MIOS32 bootloader is up&running! :)

(after the 3rd flash it will start the application - you can disable this via "fastboot option")

It means that you can now upload an application via MIOS Studio - you don't need the LPC Link anymore!

afetr that, i put the half card, on the LCP17 Board, but when i connect the USB, all the led (LCP176 and ethernet port led light 1 time, and i have nothing more working ?

Probably you connected the LPC Link port with the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module.

This option is only intended if an external JTAG debugger should be connected via J3.

If you still want to use LPC Link for whatever reason (but I don't see a need for this, as the application has to be uploaded via MIOS Studio, not via LPC Link!),

you either have to solder the LPC Link socket the other way around:

mbhp_core_lpc17_10.jpg

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok, so i think i have a problem :

- I mount the half-lcp1769 on the LCP Board

- But : !!!

If i connect the usb plug with Jumper J15_s in 5V, the led on the LCP1769 light 1 time and stop and nothing happens (J26 not connected to the lcp1769)

If i connect the usb plug with Jumper J15_s in 3.3V, the same thing happens (J26 not connected to the lcp1769)

If i remove the Jumper J15_s, the LCP1769 is in continious flashing (On off with fade -> on off with fade -> ...

There is no jumper in J1;J2;J18

if i let the usb pluged, the IC6 is cold (a bit warm) and IC7 is really hot.

Thx to help me ! Bye

Edit : Up

Edited by Lamouette

Seems to be related to a short circuit in the LCD circuit, this especially explains the higher LF33 temperature -> see also this schematic to locate the affected components which are supplied by the middle pin of J15_S: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_lpc17.pdf

This is the location where you have to search for bad solder joints and/or bridging junctions.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i verified the pcb, but for me all looks like nice...

now :

When a connect the USB Plug :

with jumper on 3.3V : i light (ethernet fix, and the led of the lcp1769 flash (on off on off on off...)

with jumper on 5v : same thing...

Each time the IC6 and IC7 seems cold or not too hot.

i add link for the photo of my PCB, maybe something will appears obvious for you.

Maybe i burned a pic cause i worked with a pull over. i can try to change them.

Thx !

dscn1857c.th.jpgdscn1856h.th.jpgdscn1855j.th.jpgdscn1854lt.th.jpgdscn1853r.th.jpg

Edited by Lamouette

ok, i tried to upload the .hex and it seems work as well.

Mios studio write : [9913.662] [MIOS32_MIDI_SYSEX_Cmd_Debug] command handler not implemented by application

so i think it's ok.

What i have to do now ? how i can know if everything is working fine ?

Edited by Lamouette