MIDI amp control

jamesjwarren

I am new to MIDI DIY but I'm interested in getting started on a new project. I am looking to control two preamp gain knobs on my marshall vintage modern guitar amplifier via MIDI. I have looked around the forum and thought that using a servo mechanism might be the best option as it is electrically decoupled from the preamp circuit and won't require modification of the existing circuitry. I would also like to have MIDI control of a switch but this should be easier as it has a footswitch jack in place already and could be controlled via a relay system. It would be useful to include some kind of memory to store the values of the pots/switch and recall them with a midi program change, is this possible?

I am having difficulty knowing how and where to start. Is this the right place to come to, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hmm. The mechanical aspect of motorizing a normal pot may be a bit more difficult than u initially think, but I guess u have a plan for that...

Anyway, I'm not sure how I would attack this one... I know too little about the servo solution u suggest.

But I guess they are controlled with pwm, right?

U need a pwm controller that provide memory.

I don't think a stock midibox firmware will do this, but I'm sure the system is capable.

If u want ideas for alternative approach, study the stuff that has to do with motorfaders in the forum, wiki and ucapps.de.

Sorry to not being able to help u more, but at least I gave u something to study hehe.