Core8 - DIN, Module Interconnection Test v2

novski

HI

I tried the Interconnectiontest of the DIN / DOUT Board, but can't understand it.

By Measuring RC/SC on J8 & 9 on the Core (after restarting Core with App.) i measure 4.8V on al 4 Pins.

SO and SI are 0V.

VD=0

VS=4.97

MIOS Studio displays that:

[243466.784] SRIO Interconnection Test

[243466.795] =========================

[243466.806] Please play a note on any MIDI channel.

[243466.822] Pin J8:*****DO*****set to 5V, J8:SC/J9:SC and J8:RC/J9:RC set to 0V. Pin J9:SI reads Logic-1 (ca. 5V).

So, something seams wrong doesn't it?

And my second question is, what does that "DO" (stars in Codesnipet) mean?

The only DO i can find on the schematics is on J15...

How can i test my Core with one DIN board correctly?

Thanks!

Novski

Hi,

DO was actually a typo.

Whenever you see "DO" it means "SO"

Whenever you see "DI" it means "SI"

I corrected the text in the application and in the README.txt in: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/srio_interconnection_test_v2a.zip

I also updated the debugging.png snapshot so that it shows the usage in MIOS Studio 2 (please have a look into this picture)

By Measuring RC/SC on J8 & 9 on the Core (after restarting Core with App.) i measure 4.8V on al 4 Pins.

SO and SI are 0V.

Are you very sure that you measured the right pins, because these values are totally wrong.

If yes: we need to know more informations about your hardware, what is different from a common MBHP_CORE module?

If no: did you already check the remaining three tests as described in the README.txt? What is the result? It's important to know the voltage readings for all tests when somebody should do remote diagnosis!

How can i test my Core with one DIN board correctly?

We can help you with this; using the srio_interconnection_v2a test is the right step, but you have to write down more details for each test, otherwise somebody can only guess what is going wrong here.

Best Regards, Thorsten.