Porting MIOS to LPC2148

cyacoub

I have several development boards with the NXP LPC2148 ARM7 processor on board, which I would like to use for a Midi controller. The board has USB, and significantly more IO's then the LPC1769, but is very similar in architechure. Has anyone ported MIOS to this processor,or can you give me any idea of what would need to be done for this.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

MIOS32 hasn't been ported to this controller yet.

A good starting point would be to copy mios32/LPC17xx into LPC21xx and to migrate these low-level drivers.

programming_models/traditional/startup_LPC17xx.c has to be duplicated as well, you also need a dedicated linker file under etc/ld/LPC21xx/LPC2148.ld

Recommended MIOS32 variables:

export MIOS32_FAMILY=LPC21xx
export MIOS32_PROCESSOR=LPC2148
export MIOS32_BOARD=NAME_OF_YOUR_DEVELOPMENT_BOARD
[/code]

once you did these initial changes, you will get a lot of #error messages while compiling a simple application, such as apps/tutorials/001_forwarding_midi

The error messages give you the hint where adaptions are missing, and if you look how they were implemented for STM32 and LPC17, you should know what exactly has to be done.

Best Regards, Thorsten.