Best practice for connecting 2 SID boards to Midibox CORE

tomtiki

I would like to add a second SID to my MidiBox SID setup.

I was reviewing the wiring diagram here :

mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

What is the optimal way of connecting the two SID boards to the core with rbbon cable? I have looked through the forum and wiki and MidiBox documentation.

Should I make a 10 pin ribbon cable with 3 connectors, then cut the wire to the SO connection on the second SID board and solder that to a wire that goes to J14 of the core? Is there a better way.

FYI, I am currently using a straight 10 pin ribbon cable between the SID and CORE module. I am not feeding the power via separate connections as shown in the wiring diagram mentioned above. 5V is being passed through the ribbon cable, and 12V is connected via a separate wire. I am using a power supply removed from surplus equipment and have no noise issues.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Should I make a 10 pin ribbon cable with 3 connectors, then cut the wire to the SO connection on the second SID board and solder that to a wire that goes to J14 of the core? Is there a better way.

actually this is a better way when I was using on my own MIDIbox.

-> go for it if there is no other proposal. :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.