Cannot get Control Change to work with MB6582

tupinamba

Hi everyone,

My MB6582 is connected to my MB SEQ V4 and I'd like now to be able to control MB6582 parameters with the CC fonction fo the MB SEQ. But I cannot get it to work.

For instance, I'd like to be able to control the cutout. The manual tells me that this is CC#4. But when I play a CC track along with the melody track, it simply cuts the sound. Then I have to mute the CC track and change the preset sound on the MB6582 for it to produce a sound again (muting the CC isn't enough!)

So : any clue ?... This is weird as I already successfully use CC with my Jomox and the MB SEQ does it perfectly!

EDIT:

:blush: I just rediscovered the CC knob on the MB6582... It works now...

Edited by tupinamba

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thorsten,

Yes, it must be something like this. Some CCs have the MB6582 freeze (and you have to change bank sound and get back to it for it to be reinitialized). I haven't explored all the CCs but I will.

Is there a chart for the MB6582? All I could find was this :

Parameter Chart

But it doesn't seem to match what happens... All CCs from #0 to #19 just seem to freeze the MB6582...

All the best,

Gaël

Could it be that you are sending other CCs in addition, such as CC#0 (bank change?)

You could use a MIDI monitor (e.g. the one integrated into MIOS Studio) to check this.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

This is the NRPN chart, the CC chart is here:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fdoc%2Fmbsidv2_cc_chart.txt&peg=881

It's strange that your MB6582 is freezing when CCs 0..19 are received - does anybody else ever noticed the same issue?

Best Regards, Thorsten.