Reset MB-6582?

Stewart Brownrigg

Hi,

Apologies for such a newbie question...

I have completed building my MB-6582 and am slowly finding my way around the menu system. However, I did something really stupid early on, and cannot work out how to fix. In a session of which was mostly button mashing I think I managed to record a sequence of notes (c3 I believe). Now, whenever I put the box into play mode I get a long sequence of notes and I cannot fathom out how to erase them.

Is there a way of completely wiping stored data?

Cheers,

Stewart

Hi,

Are You meant to initialize to get the default patch ?

From the Sid2 manual pages:

the patch should be initialized to get a defined start. Press&Hold the SHIFT (formerly LINK) button and press the select button below "Ini" to get the default patch:

fs_initpatch.gif

Regards,

Janis

Edited by Janis1279

Hi Janis,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried initialising the patch. I think what I have done is overwritten the Lead patch.

I was having issues with my bank sticks - I was unfortunate to have a dud in bank A, so none of the bank sticks were getting formatted, or available. So, being new to midi and sequencing, I was saving to the init patch without realising.

I guess now I just need to work out how to re-initialise my ini patch :(

Cheers,

Stewart

Hi,

after initializing a patch, it is always on its default parameters, don´t worry, you can´t overwrite the "INIT" patch...

It sounds like you are initializing a bassline instrument, which explains the long default "sequence" it plays...

Try initializing another engine, like the Lead engine... http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual.html

Many greets,

Peter