FS: Cheap Mb6582 panels

julianf

Due to some failed bearings here, ive produced a handful of mb6582 panels that im not happy with.

The holes etc. are fine on them - they are cut with a different cutter / bearing set, however, the engraving is not as sharp as it should be. I will take some photos later, but im not certain how well the photos will show the issue, so i will describe first -

A cutter spins in bearings, such as its cutting tip is held in the same position with limited 'run out' (deviation from the center point)

Bearing failure increases the run out, or deviation from center point. In this case im measuring about 0.125mm.

It means that when a line is cut, normally the cutter passes over the same line again, in a cleaning pass. With the increased run out, it may not pass exactly over the line again, but be offset by as much as 0.125mm.

What does this mean in real terms?

This obviously isnt something that's easy to asses with your eye (i have measuring microscopes for this kind of stuff) but the end result is basically that, whilst all the text is in the right place, the edges of the cut are imperfect - they just dont look as clean as they should, and the infill doesnt take smoothly.

The bottom line?

Yours for GBP 67.50 per set.

They are all matt black with white infill (however, i have 2 bronze sets which i have not milled yet, and probably wont bother, unless someone specifically wants them)

Ill take some photos. I think that the price is good for the level of error - theyre not even really that bad at all, but theyre not as they should be, and im not going to send out items that i know have even the smallest defect without mentioning it / reducing prices.

Usual terms -

Postage at cost.

Packing free.

Payment by bank transfer in GBP or Euro, or...

By google checkout (usual processing fees apply) or...

By paypal, but *only* if marked as a gift, with fees pre-paid (basically i hate paypal, and have never taken it up until now, but, if you want to use it, that's the only way ill do it : )

Insurance / tracking is optional (at buyers risk) for items paid for by bank / paypal gift

Insurance not optional for card payments by other means.

Right - i have some photos (not great photos, but the light is not good inside, and there is too much rain outside!)

Ignore the infill residue in the holes. I am not going to remove it on these panels, but it will push out when the LEDs are inserted.

Remember, all the holes are perfect - it is just the engraving that is rough.

For example -

01.jpg

Does not look terrible, but is not as it should be.

If we take a closer look -

close.jpg

Look at the "02" - the / section of the "2" is wider than it should be. The cutter will have moved to one side on the second pass. So two shallow, rougher cuts, that do not hold infill well.

This is a better example -

close2.jpg

Look at the lowest waveform. I think this is the most extreme example i have seen. It is rare that you can properly see the exact problem with your eyes - normally the cut just looks 'rough' but a microscope tells you why.

So there you have it - the panels are milled fine - there is no problem there, but the engraving is rough. If you want perfect panels, these are not for you, however, if you want a unit to use, and you want cheap panels, then these could be good for you. They really are not terrible, but i would not consider selling them at full price at all.

Thank you,

Julian

• 4 weeks later...