SID modules and MIDI channels

freddy

Hello,

somewhere (I don't remember whether on ucapps.de or on this forum) I've read, that it might be possible to assign every _oscilator_ a single MIDI channel.. Is this true or is it just my wish?

And exactly the opposite, how to play several patches at once? just with several SID modules or can I say that every patch will only be served by one oscilator and get 3 voices on a single channel with a single SID?

anyone can bring me light into this kind of mess-up?

Thanks,

freddy

I've found (sort-of) answer to the second question in the article 'a question of voices...', so only the first part is important. or, if you have some addendum to the mentioned thread, I'll appreciate it as well, of course.

hell, replying to my own post... :)

This is still a hidden feature, and it's only possible with the MIOS based version: just change the channels of the three voices in sid_presets.inc - the control surface will provide two new menu entries for it sooner or later (I don't use this by myself, therefore it isn't urgent ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.