SeqV4L Problem/Info Request

shimoda

I finished building my first midibox project, an LPC core w/ SeqV4L last night. I installed the firmware and get a strange pattern when plugging it in that goes from top to bottom and back or so, but only down one half of the Sequencer FP. Eventually it stops and the device doesn't seem to respond to any button presses after this. Sometimes, if I press Play before the pattern stops it sometimes responds to a press or two for a moment but then stops. I know the lights work on the left side but they don't go through the full pattern. Additionally, there is another pattern that plays down the left and rightmost 5 columns of each side.

If anyone has ideas about this behavior I would appreciate the help.

Also, is there an actual guide for using the SeqV4L somewhere. I know that much of the Seq functionality is here but don't really have any idea where to start. Btw, @smashtv, excellent kit!

Hi,

did you stuff the J15_S jumper to select the 5V option?

Without this jumper buttons and LEDs won't work correctly:

mbseqv4l_3.jpg

Guide: plug a MIDI keyboard into the MIDI IN socket, a MIDI synth to the MIDI OUT socket (or route it from your PC to the USB port of MBSEQV4L), press the "RecLive" button, press "Play" and start to record a nice sequence.

The button functions are explained at this page: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_lite.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.