Drum Engine No Synced, Regardless of ADSR Bug?

m00dawg

I've never been able to get this working quite right - whenever I use the Drum Engine, it seems like the drums never quite start in time with my DAW, regardless of the ADSR workaround setting. Sometimes it will be spot on, but most of the time it's off by an amount enough to easily throw things off and I can't figure out why. If I set the ADSR bug on and set a -30ms delay, it's still off. Sometimes I can set it to crazy things like -65 and it'll be mostly in sync. If I turn the work-around off, it drifts from -15 to -45 or more depending on the mood :)

I'm using Ableton Live on OS X with a GM5x5x5 and a sammichSID on the 2.042 firmware. I've tried all sorts of things like changing the sync type (from pattern to song or back), power-cycling the Sammich, power-cycling the GM5, restarting Ableton. I might be able to get it right for one take but it's not reproducible. That's bad juju for a live setting.

Is anyone else having this problem? Of note, most other patches seem to be pretty well in sync, but I'm using the lead engine for most other songs.

I'm thinking about using the lead engine in multi-mode so the left SID does the bass and the right hi-hats to see if that helps. Trouble is, the Drum Engine is too good - I haven't figured out how to make my own single drum patches sound /near/ as good ;)