lpc17 aout_ng

grizz

I have yet another question regarding my epic story of getting an AOUT_NG to work with my SEQ V4.

Question: Is cable length an issue with the LPC17 core the same as with the STM32 core?

I think I know the answer, but I just need verification.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

the requirements for the cable length are less restrictive, since in distance to the MBHP_CORE_STM32 module, the MBHP_CORE_LPC17 module has buffered outputs for the serial outputs.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks TK... That was my understanding... I can get mine to work properly with a very short cable (10cm), but anything longer won't work... I tried a workaround of putting the AOUT_NG in the sequencer case I built and running the +-12 volts to it through the COM port cable (from my filter/CV/gate box to the sequencer), which led to  the -12 volt power resister catching on fire :(

cheers,

Alex

Nice, I'm getting mine up and running slowly. I have found that the cable that I bought from Smashtv doesn't work at all with the AOUT_NG, even though it works with every single other component I've used it with. I got mine to work with a very very short cable, so the AOUT is going to be in the sequencer case, and the breakout will just house the cv  and gate jacks. It's been a very frustrating road... Some of the problems I've run into are super weird and unexplainable...

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by grizz