Seq v4 firmware questions

EsotericLabs

Hello everybody,

May I ask about the seq4 firmware? I want to build a seq v4 with onboard db50xg clone sound card. The driver is ready, so is a scs based menu, I'm now working on filing. My questions are:

The seq v4 manual says "3 physical ports are provided. The remaining one is reserved for the emulated mbseq". Does this mean midi out 4 at j4b is not available? Should I hook the card to midi out 3 or can I use midi out 4 somehow?

I want to add extra buttons for access to the soundcard menu. These are not in the hardware config file. To add, I should: add buttons to seq_hwcfg.h and .c; modify seq_file_hw accordingly, make a button routine in seq_ui, add some lines to the button handler, make a seq_ui_db50xg UI handler from the seq_ui_todo template, add to the seq_ui_pages.inc . Did I oversee something?

Thank you for your thoughts & ideas!

The seq v4 manual says "3 physical ports are provided. The remaining one is reserved for the emulated mbseq". Does this mean midi out 4 at j4b is not available? Should I hook the card to midi out 3 or can I use midi out 4 somehow?

This statement isn't up-to-date.

I changed it to:

OUT1..OUT4: STM32: 3 physical MIDI OUT ports are provided by the MBHP_CORE_STM32 module. The remaining one is reserved for the emulated MBSEQ.

LPC17: all 4 physical MIDI OUT ports are accessible via OUT1..OUT4

I want to build a seq v4 with onboard db50xg clone sound card. The driver is ready, so is a scs based menu

It won't be possible to integrate the SCS (or any "memory intensive" app) into MBSEQ V4 due to RAM limitations.

Actually the RAM is almost completely allocated

I want to add extra buttons for access to the soundcard menu. These are not in the hardware config file. To add, I should: add buttons to seq_hwcfg.h and .c; modify seq_file_hw accordingly, make a button routine in seq_ui, add some lines to the button handler, make a seq_ui_db50xg UI handler from the seq_ui_todo template, add to the seq_ui_pages.inc . Did I oversee something?

Try to compile it, come back if you see compile errors which you can't solve by yourself ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

OUT1..OUT4: STM32: 3 physical MIDI OUT ports are provided by the MBHP_CORE_STM32 module. The remaining one is reserved for the emulated MBSEQ.

LPC17: all 4 physical MIDI OUT ports are accessible via OUT1..OUT4

That's the info I needed, thanks! 

It won't be possible to integrate the SCS (or any "memory intensive" app) into MBSEQ V4 due to RAM limitations. Actually the RAM is almost completely allocated

Hmm, the xr385 needs quite some mem for settings storage and many lists, I'm afraid. I don't want to use the SCS UI, for seq v4 I must start from the seq_ui_todo?

Try to compile it, come back if you see compile errors which you can't solve by yourself ;-)

Thank you for the subtle hints I'm on the right track, yes, I take the challenge :-)