MIOS32_UART_BaudrateSet

Duggle

I'd like to set the baud rate on a UART different from the MIDI rate that is default. (I'm developing a display driver).

I've found call's to MIOS32_UART_BaudrateSet(..) ineffective.   (Sorry I dont recall the value returned).
Most of the functions in MIOS32_UART say "Applications shouldn't call this function directly, instead please use MIOS32_COM or MIOS32_MIDI layer functions"
I'm finding that setting

#define MIOS32_UART2_BAUDRATE 715250

in mios32_config.h works perfectly.

I'd prefer to initialise the uart in the driver init call to make it as easy as possible to build this display into an application.

What calls do I need to make to set the uart baudrate at runtime?

STM32 or LPC17?

The Baudrate initialisation code is located in $MIOS32_PATH/mios32/*/mios32_uart.c, MIOS32_UART_BaudrateSet should also work on re-configurations... but I never tried this by myself.

You could add some debug messages in order to find out why the re-initialisation is failing.

(this would help me, because I've currently 0 time to debug such issues by myself)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks, TK.

It happens to be STM32 though I will be testing it on LPC17 later.

I'll do some diagnostic debug messages and post back.

I had some trouble with USB debug messages in the display driver code interfering with the ability to upload code to the Core.

I think this could have been made worse by the large amount of data being sent in the messages.

I can always resort to UART midi for the debug messages if I have to.