logictrl.ngc with BCF2000 (adding VU)

Duggle

I'm using the logictrl.NGC file from the repo to create an LCD display for my BCF2000 control surface.

The Core STM32 is connected to the MIDI In and out of the BCF2000 which is USB'd to the DAW (Reaper running Kinke's MCU extension plugin). So the Mackie control option is what I'm using.

I commented out the RECEIVER/SENDER pairs which implement the responsive aspects of the protocol (this is being done by the BCF2000) I'm really only using the Sysex receiver for the display of LCD text in NG so far.

Works great!

I'm now thinking about adding buttons and extra functionality that the BCF2000 lacks.

Now to my question: the logicntrl.ngc does not implement VU meters. I recall the old PIC project has them. Is it possible to add them? What midi messages would correspond to the VU levels?

Works great!

Cool! :)

Now to my question: the logicntrl.ngc does not implement VU meters. I recall the old PIC project has them. Is it possible to add them? What midi messages would correspond to the VU levels?

The VU meters are still on my TODO list.

They are received as aftertouch events, but I have to implement a special pattern mode to decode them properly.

Best Regards, Thorsten.