Where can I find the sources for MIOS Studio 2.4.6?

alchemist

What do you mean with "live" version?

Do you mean the sources that I used during a certain release? Then just check the SVN log entries.

E.g. the last release was based on r1832 of the repository, but when you check it with the latest r number, you won't find changes.

Juce: just unpack tools/juce/unpack_me.zip

Only use this juce version, don't try another one because it might be incompatible.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi TK

The prebuild binary of MIOS studio for Linux didn't work for me using Debian 7.3. It needed glibc 2.15 but Debian currently only supports 2.13, at least according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10863613/how-to-upgrade-glibc-from-version-2-13-to-2-15-on-debian.

However, it was very easy to build myself using the files supplied by you in mios32/trunk/tools, so no complaints here! Just wanted to let you know,

Sincerely, jimi

alchmist, jimi_diller, TK

This is a cross post, but is is possible to re-compile mios studio to work with puppy lucid as well.  it needs glibc 2.15 as well.

How is that done?  I have been using mios studio (win version) and it is a wonderful piece of software, however my change over to linux puppy has forced me to the linux version.  Can puppy lucid be upgraded to glibc2.15?

johnc

Hello,

I guess this could be a new thread, but let's continue here ;)

I don't know how to upgrade Puppy packages, the better is to contact the Puppy maintainers.

Can't you use a more complete Linux distribution ? Puppy is quite light and it would be difficult to build something for it.

I went to Puppy because puppy linux lucid  frugal will allow a power off shutdown and power on boot without keyboard mouse and monitor.  I use it with jorgan virtual organ software and is installed in an organ console.  one "on/off" switch.  If Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or some other dispo will do the same thing, I am game.  MIOS Studio is an excellant tool and i miss having access to it.

How would I transition from puppy to Ubuntu?  Boot with an ISO on cd then install to the HDD?

johnc

I am running Ubuntu on my headless server. So it has no monitor/keyboard or mouse. I can just turn it on/off with the power button.

Not sure if it is needed on your organ console to migrate. But for a build distro i would prefer Ubuntu. But if you want to you can run the ISO and install to hdd.