AINSER64 & AOUT_NG

Highcooley

Hey everybody

After hours of reading, searching and trying, I am seeking your advice.

I would like to use an AINSER64 as well as an AOUT_NG Module with my LPC17 Core. As I understand, both modules connect to J19 (for AOUT_NG, this was not clear in the beginning, but the LPC17 core schematics suggest so) and have to use a different chip select for each board in order to differentiate them.

The most logic solution would be to connect the AOUT_NG board to J3 of the AINSER64 board, useing RC2 for the AOUT and configure it's cs to 1.

Now, one thing I figured out is, that the actual AINSER64 PCB (V1) swaps RC1 and RC2 at J3, which is different to the schematics which can be found online. However, that would not be a big thing and is easily solvable with the right cable. But in the end, I am not able to use the AOUT_NG board with MIDIbox NG, where as the AINSER64 works. If I connect the AOUT_NG direct to J19, it works like a charm.

Is there a special trick in the configuration I have to do or do I need to use another port of the CORE? As far as I understand, the ids of both events don't interfer with each other and each of both event types has to start with id 1.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

I can confirm, that J3:RC1 and J3:RC2 are swapped on the V1 AINSER64 PCB due to a layout error.

The most logic solution would be to connect the AOUT_NG board to J3 of the AINSER64 board, useing RC2 for the AOUT and configure it's cs to 1.

That's correct, and this is the way it should work.

How long are the cables?

Each cable shouldn't be longer than ca. 10..20 cm!

Best Regards, Thorsten.