Question / feature suggestion for NG

EsotericLabs

Hello Midiboxers,

I'm now implementing a driver for the DB50XG sound card in NG. Amazing flexibility!!  Much easier than hardcoding it into MIDIO128!!

There is one issue however:  the board takes 16 bit parameters for effect settings. e.g. reverb types are 0x0100, 0x0101, chorus types are 0x4101 0x4108 etcetera. The values are not consecutive, so I looked into the MAP feature. But this has only 8 bit value.   Is there a workaround or may I kindly suggest 16 bit map values as a feature request?

Another suggestion is adding a midi clock feature. That would allow the NG to become the central control and clock unit in a setup.  Meta events might play pause and stop the clock, set the tempo etc. Thats relevant for my setup as I want to control many things with a FCB1010 foot controller. If I could make it send a note, cc or anything to start and stop the clock, that would be amazing.

Please try following version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_ng_v1_030_pre2.zip

o added new meta events to control the internal MIDI clock generator:
     MClkPlay, MClkStop, MClkPlayStop, MClkPause, MClkDecTempo, MClkIncTempo, MClkSetTempo.
     Example can be found under cfg/test/midiclk.ngc

o added new string formatting items:
     %t to display MIDI clock state (Play/Stop)
     %T to display tempo (BPM)

o added new MClk menu page to SCS to control the tempo w/o dedicated controllers

Best Regards, Thorsten.