SID PSU

Florestan

Didn't find anything with keyword "PSU" in the forum, so maybe I'm the most birdbrained guy around.

So what, please type slowly... ;)

This is my first (bigger) soldering project and I already finished the core and I'm working on the SIDmodule. To check voltages I need to connect it to the PSU, therefor I bought an original C=64 power supply. This is  where I am at a loss:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

Is there any circuit board available to connect the C=64s PSU with my Midibox?

Greetings

Florestan

Edited by Florestan

Hello and welcome to MIDIbox! :-)

You can build the PSU from electronics parts by following the schematic (it is not too difficult). This is necessary, if you have one or several MIDIbox SID modules (http://ucapps.de/mbhp_sid.html ).

If you are building an integrated SID synth (like the SammichSID, or the MB-6582), this is not necessary, as they have internal power sections.

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

since you already have the c64 psu (building your own is really easy) you should trace out where to take 12v (or 9v), 5v and ground from.

I don´t know the c64 psu, but it propably has some connectors or points that you can easily solder on.

To bring power to the gear i like to use 3 pin jacks and connectors like 3 pin din or xlr. I don´t see any nead for a pcb.

• 5 weeks later...