Mios studio and Linux Puppy Frugal

Anybody,

I have changed from XP to puppy lucid linux, and  am lost!

1.  Will mios studio run on puppy lucid?

2.   I have it downloaded to the root dir, but can't figure out how to extract  and get it installed.

If you know puppy lucid and can give me some s teps  to follow  to  get it insalled, i would be in your debt.

Having searched for hours, there is no simple 1.2.3, how to procedure to be found.

Has anyone made a PET package?

Is there a midiox for linux?

Help, anybody

johnc             

No special installation is required.

Assumed that the standard libraries & tool installations used in Puppy Linux are compatible to most other Linux derivatives, you can simply unpack the package with:

tar xfvz MIOS_Studio_2_4_6.tar.gz

and then execute the unpackaged binary with:

./MIOS_Studio

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Alchemist,

i am a newbie to linux, and don't know the ins and outs of the terminal.

with the console open,  "Sh-4.1# "  comes up.  I don't know what that means!

Anyway i typed in the sudo command as you listed it and got a text display to the effect it wasn't a command.

I picked the Hd icon, opened the directory  and managed to locate a "lib" folder which contained many files that start with lib...., including " libc.so.6".  no files starting with a "glib...., uclibc or elibc"

i wil try again if you can direct me what to do.

I appreciate your help

johnc

Alchimist,

googling, i found the following:

glibc version release date Puppies Debian Ubuntu

2.17          2012-12-25 - unstable sid, testing jessie 13.04

2.16          2012-06-30 - - -

2.15          2012-03-21 Precise 5.6.1, Slacko 5.5, 5.4 - 12.10, 12.04

2.14          2011-06-07 - - -

2.13.1                           - - 7.0 wheezy -

2.13           2011-02-04 Slacko 5.3.1 - 11.10, 11.04

2.11.1 -                         Puppy 5 - -

2.10.1 -                        Wary, Racy, Fluppy - -

Since I am using puppy lucid ver. 5.2.8, i would assume that it uses glibc 2.11.1.  Chart didn't past well.

Hope this helps.

johnc

Edited by John_W._Couvillon

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this topic belongs here, but anyway:

Can mios studio be re-compiled or whatever to run on Linux Puppy Frugal?  Its really difficult to operate the LPC17 without access to mios studio.

If so Can someone talk me through that process?  Would really appreciate the help/

Thanks

johnc

MIOS Studio can be compiled for any linux environment. However I suspect Linux is not right for you. 

I use linux in a very minor way. There are lots of in and outs with it generally, compared with Windows and OSX.

Unless you really like going on a huge learning curve, or have some other compelling reason for it, my advice is to install Windows 7 on the machine you formerly used with Windows XP (check compatibility with your hardware of course, usually not an issue, but you should check with the manufacturer, if it's a generic machine then you won't have issues).

Windows 7 is much more universal (basically everything runs on it) and you can always find suitably dumbed down advice and tutorials for every issue you might encounter, quickly, by googling.

Linux is great, but certainly isn't for everyone (contrary to what some enthusiasts like to declare).