Mixing multiple MHBP_SID outputs recommendations?

alchemist

All can be done, it depends on your needs.

My sid has independant outs with stereo volume controll on each voice. Voices 2 to 4 have a little switch that mixes them with voice 1.

I used a simple inverting opamp mixer as can be found using google.

You could also consider to use the first two outs for mixing. Channel 2-4 would then need a dual switch to connect to the mixed output. This way you can easily change between using individual outs or a mixed output without replugging any cables.

Try these old opamps if you like the sound it´s fine. YOu should check with a scope if these start to oscillate when driving cables. As for me, i would rather use those in a distortion effect of some kind rather than using them for main outs of any device.

You want something that is capable of driving any real world load easily. 5532 is a good choice as it´s cheap, low noise, stable under usual conditions and can drive 600r loads. So your sound will be uninfluenced by cable length and the load it sees.

Of course TL072 is an option often seen, but it is much weaker so the outputs are more prone to picking up noise and hum compared to the lower output-impedance chips like the 5532.

Edited by jrp