Encoder with integr. switch <> interaction

rvlt

Hello,

I’m thinking about a solution for the following scenario:

I have an encoder with an integrated switch. With this encoder I want to send program change commands, but in the following way:

- when I move the encoder I scroll through a list of programs (via NGL-file) which are displayed on a LCD, but the encoder actually DOES NOT send the prog-change command yet

- when I found the right program in the list I press the switch and the prog-change command gets send out

Is that possible with MB NG? I’ve read through the manual but couldn’t find a proper solution yet, but maybe I’m just too dumb…

Icing on the cake would be if I scroll through the list but don’t press the switch, the value on the display jumps back to the current value after a few seconds.

Cheers

Lars

Hi,

it should work the following way: configure the encoder, so that it doesn't send a value.

The integrated button has to execute a .NGR script section.

From there you could send the current encoder value - e.g. here for encoder 1 (ENC:1)

#    type          port chn value
send ProgramChange USB1   1 ENC:1

Icing on the cake would be if I scroll through the list but don’t press the switch, the value on the display jumps back to the current value after a few seconds.

Unfortunately timed events are not supported.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

That works!

I was almost there (run a script with a button), but was using trigger instead of send...

Thanks!!

btw, will timed events be supported sometime in the future? Not that it's super important, just curious...

Lars

Yes, I'm planning to provide timed events sooner or later.

I've already some ideas for an efficient implementation (it could be similar to the MIDI event scheduler), but due to the memory consumption it might only be provided for the MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 module.

Best Regards, Thorsten.