Pressing and holding ALL doesn't let you change the Step Selection Mask anymore

borfo

In previous versions, you could press and hold the ALL button and change the Step Selection Mask (the set of steps that will be affected by the ALL button) with the GP Buttons.  This worked on the Edit Page, and in Mixer Maps, for example.  At least, I think it did...  I suppose it's possible I'm misremembering...

In firmware v87 it seems this functionality is broken - you have to go into Edit > Step Selection View to change it now.

Is this intentional?  Maybe due to a conflict with the step recording feature? 

Also, on the Mixer Map page, the ALL button doesn't create a ramp if an unselected step is moved...  Is that intentional?

I'm asking these nitpicky questions mainly because I'm writing some documentation on the ALL and FAST buttons and want to make sure I'm documenting the right features, not so much because I care too much about either of the above features.  Holding ALL to select the stepmask is a nice feature though.

Edited by borfo

Yes, this was due a conflict with the step recording feature.

On the other hand it's probably a good idea to allow selection mask changes as long as the ALL button is pressed, I will consider this in the next release.

Also, on the Mixer Map page, the ALL button doesn't create a ramp if an unselected step is moved...  Is that intentional?

Yes and no - so: Yo ;-)

The ramp is a special implementation that I did for the EDIT page. I would have to write dedicated code for other pages as well to make this happen, on the other hand I wouldn't do this without knowing an attractive use case.

Best Regards, Thorsten.