Proposal: Mixer Maps - Three ideas

borfo

DUMPING JUST ONE COLUMN OF VALUES WITH GP BUTTONS

I think it would be useful in Mixer Maps to be able to trigger a dump of just one column of MIDI map messages by pressing one of the GP Buttons - instead of sending all 16 sets of values as you do with a full Mixer Map dump, it would be useful to be able to send just one set of values (ie: just the Prog Change, Volume, Pan, CCs, etc. controlled by one of the 16 encoders).

This would expand the possible uses of mixer maps quite a bit, I think.  For example, you could use the 16 columns of information in one Mixer Map to trigger 16 different states of one synth (different patches, volumes, CC settings, etc. in each of the 16 columns, but each column would be set to the same port/channel), and you could press the GP buttons to manually switch one synth into different states as you're playing back a pattern.  You could load a different Mixer Map to trigger 16 states on a different synth in the same way.

...and maybe holding FAST + pressing one of the GP buttons could send only the single message that is currently displayed above that button, rather than the whole column or the whole map.

DON'T SEND MIDI ON ENCODER TURN OPTION

Currently, whenever you turn an encoder to adjust one of the Mixer Map settings, the MIDI message you're adjusting is sent.  I think it would be useful to have the option to disable this - so that you could adjust the values in a Mixer Map without sending the message to your synths until you trigger a dump of the Map (or the column, if the feature I described above is implemented at some point.)

To implement this, a "LiveSend/NoSend" option could be added to the Mixer Utility Functions page that is shown when you hold SELECT in Mixer Map mode.

SEND A SYSEX

I haven't really tried working with Sysexes on my SEQ yet, mainly because there are so many other features to explore on this device and I haven't gotten around to sysexes yet.  But I think it would be useful if in addition to the 12 Mixer Map settings (volume, pan, CCs, etc.) for each of the 16 columns, you could also attach a sysex file (ie: point to a syx file in the /SYSEX directory) to each column that would be sent along with the Mixer Map dump.

You could use this to send patches to synths on a pattern change, for example.

#####################

Again, none of these are particularly important or urgent, I just thought they'd be useful features to consider adding at some point, or not.

Edited by borfo

Request 1 and 2 can be easily implemented, for Request 3 I've doubts that people will really spend the time to organize the SYSEX directory this way - I will wait for more people who like this approach (or who have alternative ideas).

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...