Building another MBSeq V4

sylwester

Hi guys,

After building my first MIDIbox sequencer V4 back in 2011 () , which is now unfortunately not longer functional, I decided to build a midibox sequencer V4 again.

Is Wilba still offering his Front Panel and PCBs for the V4 (http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wilba_mb_seq)?

I wanted to make my own front panel PCB with shift registers as SMD parts on the front panel, so it's saving a bit more space, but

if the PCBs would be still available including the Panel, I'd probably go that way.

Another question (without looking on the code now) is: Can there be more than 2 HD44780 LCDs added (or additionally a SSD1306 OLED)?

I am planing to use the 2 x HD44780 40x2 Characters for the Standard Functions, but little additional OLED-Displays for some track info.

Cheers

sylwester

Hi Sylwester,

the Frontpanel PCBs are now provided by SmashTV, but there is a very long waiting list (it could take several months)

So: feel free to create your own PCB.

It isn't possible to add more LCDs, because it's not supported by the firmware.

If you've some programming skills, I could give you some hints what needs to be done, but it will be a lot of work (which I don't want to do by myself ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.