frontplanel question

Guest arjanver

Guest arjanver

no it's not white, it's transparent, and when you apply it to a black background you don't see it anymore, the letters become black???????

Did you ever used lazertran??

I think what d2k meant was something like this:

Paint the frontpanel with silver paint. Then make a panel design in, say Adobe Illustrator, which is black with white letters and symbols. When you print it on lazertran and apply it on the frontpanel, the silver on the panel will shine through the lazertran layer... voila...

I guess it's hard to make the black printing totally non-transparent on lazertran, though. I haven't used it myself. Anyone with experience?

Guest arjanver

As you van see at my first post "Does anyone know how to get white, grey or silver text and symbols on black or dark blue metal?"

So you see that I don't want a silver colored panel.

So your tips about silver panel, these things i know allready.

You guys don't seem to get what I mean or you don't have any experiences with lazertran.

So,I solve my problem by myself. And I'm making a black panel with white letters.

I know a good method now ;D

Guest arjanver
maybe you can tell us more? :)

and I think D2K knows what it said because he used lazetran on his LC clone....

what D2k said is not true.

I've tested it myself and it's also logic.

"

no it's not white, it's transparent, and when you apply it to a black background you don't see it anymore, the letters become black?

"

ok, all calm down now :)

the shit that stays white on non-printed areas is decal paper - not lazertran (which does go transparent), I got the 2 confused :P

This was the place I got it from: http://www.trg.co.uk/decalpaperstore/holding/index.html - but it seems closed down now, and funnily enough merged or bought by lazertran...so go have a look on the lazrtran site for regular decal paper. Dont think the finsih will be as good as lazertran tho as it's not the type that u 'burn' on (via the oven)...