alps encoders compatible?

Guest xpanded

Guest xpanded

Hi,

Today i spoke to a sales lady. She told me consumers can only fax their orders. Also on their site it says for businesses only. Do you if those encoders should work?

Hey,

I have purchased as an individual from Farnell in Australia, they are about 50 mins - 1 hr drive away from where I live.

I just rang the order hotline, made my phone order, told them that I would pick the goods up in person from the trade counter, and that I would pay cash. This went no problems. Though they were extremely expensive.

I read on this forum that other people have ordered panasonic encoders from some guy in UK off ebay, for very cheap. (do a forum 'search' to find details)

good luck, and have fun!

... Steve

Guest xpanded

hi all,

they are not really cheap. around 3,50 euro a piece. Anyways i am going to order them since it's the only solution so far and a next day delivey. BTW they are standard detented so I think there are those 'clicks' in hem. Does this influence the controller increasement/decreasement such as by filter?

was that at schurict?

the vertical STEC16B Alps encoders can easily be converted to non-detented if you prefer (though will still be ok detented)

non-detented, they are the best feeling encoders I have ever felt! (feels like a real pot! hmmm... nice!)

yes 3.50 euro is pretty expensive! (probably cheaper than Farnell though!)

Guest xpanded

hi steven,

they sell them at farnell. Thanks for tip about de-detent those encoders, but actualy if it has no influence on how the encoders perform i leave them unharmed ;).

3,53 euro is the price, but next day delivery and no company number is needed (a minumum of 50 euro though but no shipping cost). And after all what does a ten euro diference in total make? That only 5 beers anyway so it saves my health a little as well :).

They have nice types of faders as well.